At HUT42 we use the latest tools and methods to build and maintain web applications, mobile apps and websites for our clients. From the production of insurance, e-commerce and invoicing systems, to websites for modelling agencies and global outdoors brands, there is always a new challenge on the horizon.
We are constantly evolving and incorporating the best practices in the industry. Our journey from a small team in a marketing agency to a full-fledged software house is only partially complete, so there are great opportunities to be part of our growth and have a positive impact on the direction the company is heading.
We are seeking a web application developer to join our team to help us with several exciting upcoming projects. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with lots of potential as we look to expand and improve our local and national profile. We are offering a competitive salary for this role, between 20-30k dependent on experience, as well as 30 days paid holiday and other benefits.
As a Full Stack Web Developer you will be responsible for the end-to-end development of web applications, mobile apps, APIs/microservices and websites. You will have a strong part to play in the technical direction of the projects you work on and be involved throughout the whole process – from requirements gathering, to prototyping, development, testing and delivery. Working as part of an experienced team, you will be provided with a friendly, supportive and exciting environment to work in to help you reach your full potential and produce work which we can all be proud of.
You must have the following skills and experience to be considered for this position:
- A strong understanding of web development practices and methodologies
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a software or web development role
- The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of web application frameworks
- Competency in database design, creation and maintenance
- Competency in git management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in communicating with third party contacts including clients and prospective clients
- Good organisation skills with the ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and commitment to the mission and goals of company
- Ability to work collaboratively to execute plans to completion
The ideal candidate for this position will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong working knowledge of the use of PHP and/or Python
- An understanding of the principles behind the microservice architecture
- Experience developing and integrating with REST and SOAP API systems
- Adoption of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in mobile app development (native or hybrid)
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org